A World Into A Phone
|July 26, 2010||Filled under Telco Developments, Telecoms, Trends|
A telephone was primarily meant to establish a voice communication pathway between two or more people. But that was sometime back. Not anymore. With the rapid advancements in telecommunication industry, our phones are far from being just a telephone and used only for calling.
The mobile technology has made it possible to have devices incorporated with endless applications and services that help us perform all kinds of activities, so much that we can’t think about a life without our mobile phones. My previous blog talked about just that – Can you live without your mobile phone? Think about the several things that you use your mobile phone for each day.
When I think of the regular land line – copper based phone, and what we have now, it seems the “Smartphone” name is well earned. I mean, what should we call a device, that has: Internet access (browsing, upload, download, networking) while on the move; Video conferencing and voice chat; Integrated security system (mobile tracking, Data security); Messaging services (text, audio, video); Remote access to other devices(TV ,microwave, and so on; Documentations (presentations, meetings, reports); Entertainment(movies, music, food, pictures, travel); GPA tracking system; Push button services; Data transfer services; Integrated services like calculator, calendar, reminder services, meeting schedules and so on.
The list is endless. The above applications have already been deployed i.e. we all may have used the features. But, this is not all. Thanks, to the 3G and 4G technologies of data transfer and communication that are being implemented. They have made it possible for us broaden the frequency of our minds and think of something that is yet to be explored with such a powerful device.
Now imagine in the very short future:
- Your phone to be directly connected to the health care center and automatically sends and receives your diagnostics based on calculations and medical history to the concerned doctor specially for old aged or agile people.
- Your phone guides you to perform step by step process to execute an activity(s) via preloaded application that automatically downloads the procedure and conveys it to you through a set of instructions (written or audio version).
- Your phone automatically books movie tickets, air/railway tickets, orders food and other items based on your preset preferences.
- Your phone detects and fetches the information about the company/person who tries to call you through database connectivity.
- Your phone rings a burglar alarm whenever someone tries to get into your house via alarm and security device deployed at your place.
- Your phone could read/transmit your thoughts. This is not so far away. Already, the are mind-reading head sets.
Increasingly more and more people prefer mobile phones for instant communication. People share, discuss, comment instantly all through a mobile phone while attending a friend’s party, commuting in the local metro, walking in a park. The mobile phone can help you socialize and you can be part of a mobile community.
Next time you don’t have time to go to church. Do not worry. Here is how your mobile phone can bring the church to you! Its seems that a new world is growing into a phone.